Wednesday 8 October 2014

Unmade - Sarah Rees Brennan





"Kami has lost the boy she loves, is tied to a boy she does not, and faces an enemy more powerful than ever before. With Jared missing for months and presumed dead, Kami must rely on her new magical link with Ash for the strength to face the evil spreading through her town.

Rob Lynburn is now the master of Sorry-in-the-Vale, and he demands a death. Kami will use every tool at her disposal to stop him. Together with Rusty, Angela, and Holly, she uncovers a secret that might be the key to saving the town. But with knowledge comes responsibility—and a painful choice. A choice that will risk not only Kami’s life, but also the lives of those she loves most."



The amazing conclusion to The Lynburn Legacy. I have been dying to get my hands on this book since I finished reading the first two books in the series and the fact it was released on my birthday just made it even better.



Sadly I had to wait a few days so I could finish The Darren Shan Saga and give my full attention to this book. However, when I did finally start it the other day I could not put it down. I was hooked straight away. I wanted to know what was happening to Jared, how Kami was coping being linked with Ash and ultimately, how they were going to defeat Rob and his cronies. Its the first book in a long time that I've finished in 24 hours. It would've been finished in 12 but I had to put the book down not far from the end to sob. Not cry. Sob.



Not many books have done that to me!



I would do a general overlook of the plot but I think you should just read the series. Like now. It's amazing!



With most YA novels the love story/ romance aspects tend to bore me after a while but all the varying relationships in this series were part of what makes it so special. I have shipped Kami and Jared since the first book. Ash was just too good, too golden, too righteous. And I love the ship name - Jami! Though, if Kami and Jared weren't to be my second choice was Rusty. He is just such a lovely character and has been one of my favourites since the first book.



Someone who really came into their own for me was Jon Glass, Kami's dad. With his comments and various names for Lillian he kept me giggling all the way through. He was also a real parent. Worried and scared for his family, desperate to try anything to save them. Though he didn't really get in the way either.



I'm trying to think of something I didn't like in this book and I really, really can't. I absolutely loved this book. The only thing I didn't like was a certain spoiler filled event which I know was entirely necessary and it was brilliant. It just broke my heart.



So yeah. Sorry this hasn't been much use but I really beg anyone who reads this to read this series. And follow Sarah Rees Brennan on Twitter. She is hilarious and seems to thrive off of our heart broken tweets.


No comments:

Post a Comment