Thursday 23 October 2014

#AntiBullyReads

So guys!
This November I will be taking part in the Anti Bulling Readathon organised by Sarah over at Clumsiness is a Curse!
I really support Anti Bulling - I was minorly bullied a lot through my school life and now, working in schools, I see far too much of it happening still.
The effects of bullying can be devastating, severely impacting peoples emotional health, lowering their self-esteem and, in extreme cases, result in suicide.
This is not okay.
This needs to stop.

So for the week beginning November 17th I will be reading a selection of books that I feel are linked to bullying somehow.
My aim is to read 4 books - but hopefully it will be more!

I'll be tweeting throughout the week (and probably in the lead up to it) using the #AntiBullyReads on my Twitter. Also, feel free to join the group Sarah has created over on Goodreads.

My #AntiBullyReads TBR List

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Thief by Malorie Blackman

Tease by Amanda Maciel

The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu

If anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them and hope people who read this decide to join in - even if you don't have the time to complete a massive TBR list it's all about raising awareness.


No comments:

Post a Comment