Friday 10 October 2014

To-Be-Read Book Tag


I wasn't actually tagged in this by anyone because - lets face it - I don't think anyone actually pays attention to what I write on here! I'm doing this as more of a kick up the backside to read the books I've bought and not go buying more. 
I've actually put myself on a book buying ban as my TBR pile is that out of control.
Just to give some perspective - this is a picture of the majority of my books.




How do you keep track of your TBR pile?

I don't! I bury my head in the sand and forget about the books I buy so I can buy more. 


Is my TBR pile mostly print or E-books?

I have 1 e-book to read all the rest are print. I don't actually own a Kindle or anything, though with Christmas coming up you never know...


How do I determine which book from my TBR pile to read next?

I chose whatever takes my fancy, normally one of the first books I spot.


A book thats been on my TBR list the longest

Probably the classics, Thomas Hardy, Jane Austen etc. I've wanted to read them for years but I find it really difficult. I do plan on reading them at some point, when I don't have other books to distract me.


A book I recently added to my TBR pile

I added all of these to the pile when I went birthday shopping in Waterstones Birmingham. It is actually one of my favourite bookshops. I spent the entirety of my birthday money. No regrets.

I'm planning on reading Soulmates by Holly Bourne and Trouble by Non Pratt as soon as possible so that I can go to the event at Waterstones Birmingham and meet them at the end of the month. If you ever get chance to go to a Waterstones event - do it. They are amazing.


A book on my TBR strictly because of the cover

Infinite Sky by C.J. Flood. I found this when birthday shopping - there is no blurb or anything. Its just very, very pretty.

A book on my TBR I never actually plan on reading
Meg Rosoff - What I was. I did try to start reading this but I struggled with it so much. I might go back to it some day. Maybe.


An unpublished book on my TBR I'm excited for

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Steivater because I'm in love with the series. Especially Blue and Gansey. I cannot wait until it is released in... 11 days?!?! HOW DID I NOT REALISE THIS?! At least it's preordered!
Also Revealed by P.C. and Kristin Cast - the final installment of the House of Night Series that I've been reading for years. The amount of books in this series is crazy. I honestly cannot wait to see how this all ends! This one is released in... 4 days?!! This one I don't have preordered! I think I might cry...



A book on my TBR that basically everyone else has read but me
We Were Liars. All the blogs I read appear to have read it and I want to read it too!


A book on my TBR that everyone recommends to me
The Maze Runner. A lot of people are saying its brilliant and I'm really looking forward to the movie.


A book on my TBR I'm dying to read

Aside from books I've already mentioned above (which are the ones I plan to read ASAP) I cannot wait to get my hands on One Day. I've wanted to read it ever since I saw the film, but I totally forgot I had the book waiting to be read. 






The number of books in my TBR list
Well then. I'm only going to count the physical books I already own, as that makes a huge TBR pile already. On the top are my unread paperbacks and on the bottom are my unread hardbacks. Counting them up, it gets to approximately 90 books. I really need to be on a book buying ban.






So yeah. This is my TBR. I'm slightly depressed at how many books I need to read... But I can't wait to get stuck in!




No comments:

Post a Comment